So its RIBA election season and at Studio B.a.d we are delighted to be asked to be supporting and part of Sumita Singha’s election campaign, read all about her manifesto and inspiring story. Please consider voting for Sumita to bring about change at the RIBA!
The momentous challenges sweeping through our society provide an opportunity to reflect on the RIBA and build on the strengths of the Advancing Architecture Strategic Plan. To respond effectively to these new challenges, the RIBA needs to be well prepared, innovative and inclusive. From my work in the NHS, I come to understand that when each person, campaign and committee is aligned towards the organisational purpose, then challenges can be overcome.
With renewed energy and determination, together with the RIBA’s international reputation, let us make it a global champion that is public facing and fit for the future. Let us #ChangeForArchitects
I have great hopes for the recovery and future of our profession. As the President of the RIBA, I will
- Celebrate the potential of innovation, diversity and collaboration that architecture offers to build a better world
- Create a resilient profession through empathetic leadership, effective communication and participative decision-making
I bring a well-rounded experience to support these goals.
Deep knowledge of the profession
- 30 years of RIBA activities, including professional conduct
- Working with all sizes of practices, in large and small projects
- International and regional perspectives from working in six countries
- Teaching for 30 years, studying at five universities and experience of validation
Activism and campaigning
- Chairing Women in Architecture
- Founder of Architects for Change, the RIBA’s principle Equality Forum
- Trustee of three architecture charities
- Author of four books on architecture and practice
- Success in improving procurement in the NHS
Leadership and objective view of the profession
- Extensive knowledge of organisational culture and context for change
- Experience of crisis and risk management
- Awards in all area of work – from design, business to diversity
- Experience as member of design review panels